Monday, August 06, 2007

Update on Bilali


My little guy Bilali is fully into school at this point, shy to talk in class and still learning English, but a smart boy and working hard. During my last trip, I was able to visit with his Bibi (grandmother) to talk about Bilali's progress and future. Bibi Bilali is a wonderful woman, who has taken Bilali into her home permanently, and who puts his best interest above all other priorities. As Bilali learns and grows he will be able to repay that commitment with hard work and a bright future for his entire family, all due to a small financial gift each year. Nothing could be me rewarding!

The picture above is of my last visit to Bibi Bilali's home in April. It includes Bilali and myself (looking very disheveled from the heat and travel as always). When your hand is bigger than his entire tummy, you know he is a tiny little guy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home