Monday, April 02, 2007

Mwajuma


Today I met Mwajuma. She is the sponsored child of my dear friend Sherri. Mwajuma was small and shy, but lit up like a christmas tree when I told her I was a friend of her sponsor. She trailed me all day long, and at the end of the day, I was able to give her the giftie sent by Sherri. She was thrilled, and was able to read the easy-reader books included in the gift. Wonderful to see how a small gift can offer so much happiness!


Later: Each day that I see Mwajuma, she takes a running leap into my arms for kumbatia kabisa (absolute hugs) and can't seem to tear herself away from her visitor, no matter how the swings are calling during play time. This is actually unusual for a student at St Jude, as many of them have had less than stellar life experiences, with people coming and going, and situations that do not build a strong sense of trust. Mwajuma is one of a kind, and the sweetest little girl I have ever met (know that the list includes thousands)!

The picture above is of Mwajuma receiving her giftie from Sherri, just the beginning of a million smiles!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Amy: It's great to see your expanded blog and to hear about the second visit, especially the implementation efforts by the teachers. I really liked seeing the site drawing by the architect.

Keep posting; even without the pictures it is still exciting to read. Give my best to Freda.
Regards, Deborah Walker

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home