Saturday, December 16, 2006

Back from Africa


I am writing this last posting (at least for now) as I am sitting at home in America, having returnmed just hours ago.

In thinking about the work we completed, I can truly say that I believe we were able to make a difference in the thinking and commitment of the teachers, and to teach them some new ideas along the way that they can apply in their classrooms.

And, I will end this portion of my blog in much the same way as I began, with a metaphor for my time in Africa. Above is a Jacaranda tree. I found it along a roadside as I was going to visit a small village very much off the beaten pathway. The Jacarandas are blooming all over Tanzania this time of year, and this one was of particular interest because it seemed this wonderful spot of beauty in the middle of nowhere, and was surrounded by dirt brick homes - a community sprung up at the foot of a wild and beautiful tree - Tanzania.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home