Monday, January 22, 2007

Bilali

I have finally organized my sponsorship for a child at the School of St Jude. His name is Bilali, and I met him in December when I did a "home check" for his entrance process. He is seven, in Standard 2, and lives with his Bibi (grandmother) in Arusha town. He is a lovely and very smart little boy, and I am thoroughly enjoying sending small gifts and letters to him. I know how important it is to him and to his bibi to be in the school - life changing - so I know he will work very hard to do well.

Here are two pictures of Bilali on his first official day at school. In the first, he is enjoying his first day in computer class, and in the second, smiling big enough to see a front tooth is missing (clearly seven!).

In addition to Bilali, in the month I have been home, five friends here in America have also signed on to sponsor children at the school, a blessing for these little ones who have such great need and such big dreams. Thanks to everyone for your support! If you are interested in finding out what is involved in sponsorship for a St Judes child, you can visit their website: www.schoolofstjude.co.tz - or - you can send me a message or give me a call. I will be more than happy to provide you with information.

I will keep the blog updated with information about Bilali and his schooling as it comes in, and will be very thrilled to see him again when I return to Tanzania in April for additional work with teachers.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home