Monday, June 30, 2008

TZ Bound

Back again, pole so long since I have posted. I am in the middle of summer training here in the USA, working with a great staff to train 800 teachers in integrated literacy strategies in middle and high schools.

A few new events to update:

- I was recently made a Vice President in my organization, working on Program Design and Implementation. This means more responsibility and more work, but a great opportunity to help colleagues continue to improve their work and to build new skills myself.

- I went to the IRA national conference and made some new connections to work in Africa, as well as connections in IRA international development sector.

- Have started acting as a reviewer for IRA's Literacy Hub, an online clearinghouse for international literacy research reporting. Should be an interesting process, and an opportunity for me to learn more about the literacy work and research going on in the world.

- I am headed to Costa Rica in a few weeks for the IRA World Congress on Literacy, where I will participate in two presentations about the teacher training work in Africa. My colleague Freda Klotter and I will give our own presentation about the development of the primary literacy program, and I will partcipate in a panel presentation with the Special Interest Group for Literacy in Developing Countries to discuss the various projects going on with SIG members. World Congress should be a great opportunity to learn more about other work happening in developing countries, and to share some of my own learning with others.

- In August, I will be back in Tanzania - HOLIDAY! Still working on getting my local coffee company interested in importing the fair trade coffee from the Mt Meru co-op group, not making much progress on that end.

That's about it - enough I think!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home