Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Awards Day


Today was the end of the year Awards Day at St. Jude's. The ceremony began at 10:00 with performances from children, singing, dancing, and plays. Additionally, there were over 250 awards given out, for everyone from children who performed well to parents who have done a special job of supporting the children's school work. At 2:00, the ceremony ended and we proceeded to feed about 2000 people at outdoor stations set up all around the school grounds.

It was the largest day in the history of the school, and all were very pleased with the entire day. The pupils stayed in form for the entire ceremony, parents were well pleased, and St. Jude kept the rain at bay all day long. The largest problem of the day was how to bus the 2000 into the school in the morning and then get them all back home at the end of the day. Watching Gemma organize and oversee the entire thing was like watching a miracle in action.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has been a few days since I have checked in with you, and in those days, you experienced what I would have been satisfied to have experienced in my lifetime! Wow. I can't wait to hear you talk about this trip I PERSON! Your blogs are wonderful, but they make me just want to see your expressions as you tell the stories! Keep the good stuff coming!

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have simply loved reading your blog and learning about the children and country of Tanzania. I have forwarded your blog to my children's teachers so they could follow. I encourage you to write an article on your experience. When your program begins to be realized there then perhaps you could write a book about the whole process.

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home